We have 1 facsimile edition of the manuscript "Golf in Art Through the Centuries (Collection)": Golf in der Kunst der Jahrhunderte facsimile edition, published by Pro Sport Verlag, 1999Request Info / Price
Golf in der Kunst der Jahrhunderte
Munich: Pro Sport Verlag, 1999
- Commentary (German)
- Limited Edition: 499 copies
- Collection: a selection of documents associated by a common thread and collected by the publisher in a single edition.
The facsimile edition contains 10 individual facsimile leaves reproducing the following illustrations:
1. Competitive marches in the long variant of Pallemail, Book of Hours, Fundaçao Calouste Gulbenkian, Lisbon, Portugal.
2. Two competing teams play Jeu de Paumer, Book of Hours, Fundaçao Calouste Gulbenkian, Lisbon, Portugal.
3. Teams Playing Soule à la Crosse, Duchesse de Bourgogne Book of Hours, Musée Condé, Château de Chantilly, France.
4. Anonymous Persian Master, Siáwusch playing a match of polo on horseback against Afrásiab, Book of Kings, Institut of Oriental Studies, St. Petersburg, Russia.
5. Adriaen Van der Velde, Golfers on the Ice Near Haarlem, National Gallery, London.
6. Hendrick Avercamp, Kolf on the Ice of the River Ejsel near Kampen.
7. Willem Schellinks, Landskab med kavalerer, der spiller Pall-Mall, Statens Museum fir Kunst, Copenaghen, Denmark.
8. S. ANDRE. SIVE ANDREAPOLIS Scotiae Universitas Metropolitana, National Lirary of Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland.
9. Men Playing Soule à la Crosse, stained glass roundel in the Great East Window of Gloucester Cathedral, England.
10. Men Playing at a Match of Jeu de Paume, Book of Hours, School of Tours. Biblioteca Nacional, Madrid, Spain.
Embossing on the front case: gold blocking from the cover of a book which James Stewart, Commendator of St Andrews, donated to the university in the early 16th century.
More Buying ChoicesRequest Info