This impressive collection, first admired in the sixteenth century by Giorgio Vasari, is made up of two hundred folios, recto and verso, of the important studies that Leonardo intensely and systematically undertook of the human body. Thanks to the extraordinarily accurate drawings, we follow Leonardo’s passionate research as it unfolds in a continuum going from morphology to physiology, from science to art. The ‘narrative landscapes’, studies on water, symbolic landscapes, the ‘Floods’ as well as various figure sketches, caricatures and preparatory drawings for the Virgin of the Rocks and The Last Supper, complete the collection.
We have 5 facsimiles of the manuscript "Corpus of the Anatomical Studies (Collection)":
- Leonardo da Vinci: Atlas der anatomischen Studien facsimile edition published by Prisma Verlag, 1978
- Leonardo da Vinci. Corpus of the anatomical studies in the collection of Her Majesty the Queen at Windsor Castle (English Edition) facsimile edition published by Johnson Reprint, 1978
- Il Corpus degli Studi Anatomici facsimile edition published by Giunti Editore, 1980
- Anatomia I facsimile edition published by Collezione Apocrifa Da Vinci, 2014
- Anatomia II facsimile edition published by Collezione Apocrifa Da Vinci, 2014