International social justice movements and the debates that ensued prompted us to start considering the contents of our website from a critical point of view. This has led us to acknowledge that most of the texts in our database are Western-centered. We have asked the authors of our content to be aware of the underlying racial and cultural bias in many scholarly sources, and to try to keep in mind multiple points of view while describing the manuscripts. We also recognize that this is yet a small, first step towards fighting inequality.
If you notice any trace of racist or unjust narratives in our communications, please help us be part of the change by letting us know.
#1 Velislai Biblia Picta
Prague: Sumptibus Pragopress, 1970
- Commentary (English, French, German, Russian) by Stejskal, Karel
- Limited Edition: 480 copies
- This is a partial facsimile of the original document, Velislav's Bible: the facsimile might represent only a part, or doesn't attempt to replicate the format, or doesn't imitate the look-and-feel of the original document.
The facsimile is in black and white. The pages are trimmed down at the cost of some small features part of the original.
#2 Velislav's Bible
Prague: Tempus Libri
- Limited Edition: 799 copies
- Full-size color reproduction of the entire original document, Velislav's Bible: the facsimile attempts to replicate the look-and-feel and physical features of the original document; pages are trimmed according to the original format; the binding might not be consistent with the current document binding.